Saturday, August 6, 2016

Brazil Weather

For an American it is always hot here in Brazil. Maybe a week out of the year in June I would actually consider it cold enough to put a small jacket on. Now I'm talking about Goiania weather, in the heartland of the state of Goias. I am sure it does get colder in southern Brazil. Here in Goiania it is always warm, it seems to be 88 degrees F / 31 degrees C all the time. Lovely weather, for me its shorts and t-shirt 365 days a year. I'm not being totally accurate with 88 / 31 degrees...there is a fluctuation throughout the day which is normal. Cooler at night and hot afternoons.

Let's get to the one thing I don't like about the weather here. We are almost 3 months without rain and it should be longer. But it rained into May this year, which is odd I'm being told. The rainy season is Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb and Mar. And you probably already guessed it, the rest of the year is supposed to be very dry. I think its crazy, I even lived in Arizona and New Mexico where it rained more often. Everything is brown, I try to water the yard daily but some days I get busy. I absolutely miss the rain. It's actually depressing to deal with it being so damn dry.

Now, the other 6 months of the year is amazing! I love the rainy season, even with its crazy and explosive lighting storms. I like the days where it rains all day. We just look out the windows and enjoy the rainfall. The driving rain...to the drizzle. Yes it complicates life, driving in it and the fact that the roads start to strain under all the moisture. Some minor flooding in low lining areas, but its still the best part of the year.

I am counting down the weeks now. Hopefully it will come earlier in September. My grass would surely love it and I would also be very grateful to have it. Please rain soon!   

1 comment:

  1. For the past 3 days it has sprinkled and today it has been a steady rain most of the day. Much needed moisture and I am so happy! It seems to be a little early in the season but I will definitely take it. By this time tomorrow the grass should be back to normal!

    ReplyDelete