Friday, December 16, 2016

A father of boys

Our boys are young and definitely not interested in girls yet. Which is a good thing, they will have plenty of time when they get older. I like to joke with them at times and will yell out "look at that pretty lady over there." I usually get the Dad, I don't like her, mommy is better, stop saying that, etc...

It's hilarious, but on one occasion it took a turn I did not see coming. This is the conversation that occurred while driving through our neighborhood.

Dad - Boys look at that pretty lady right there.
Son #2 - I don't like her.
Dad - Why?
Son #2 - She is too white for me, I like dark girls.
Dad - (I'm in shock) Uh uh, oh.
Son #2 - Yeah, dark is better.

This is from a 5 year old! Looking back now I'm still laughing at him saying this. It is true that kids will say the darnedest things. You never know what you will get when talking to them.

Son #1 ignored me and didn't say a word...my tricks are getting outdated for this 9 year old.

I guess I better step it up and start the embarrassing part of being his father. I think its time for a fanny pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment