Monday, November 28, 2016

Love this time of the year

I guess it's technically spring time here in Brazil. You know, the total opposite of America where it is very cold. For me, I think Brazil only has two seasons, dry and wet for six months of each. The temperature is very similar throughout the year. It does get a little cold in June and extremely hot in August but the rest of the year is 22 - 32 celsius (71 - 90 fahrenheit). Perfect weather to open the windows and doors each day. Let the air flow through the house. Almost each day now it rains a little here and there. Where I live it tends to rain less than it does in the big city nearby. We can see parts of Goiania from the neighborhood and a lot of times it is a downpour there and nothing here. I guess the heat of the city makes the clouds explode. With all this rain the trees and grass are bright green. The total opposite of the brown and dead looking when it's the dry season. I will never complain about all the rain because we suffer during the dry season. The rainy season is extremely nice and I welcome the rain each day. So if anyone wants to know what season it is here in Goias state, I would say its wet or dry instead of the normal four seasons you would experience in America.  

Its awesome to live here and experience the wonderful weather and even the culture. Has it been a tough transition, yes it has and I am still trying to adjust. Sometimes the cultures clash with one another like a torrential downpour and it's to be expected. I am grateful for this wonderful opportunity! Can't wait to see what the New Year will bring for me and especially my family.

Thanks for reading!       

No comments:

Post a Comment